Mission & Vision
To safeguard the life and health of the citizens of Louisiana by assuring persons practicing as registered nurses and advanced practice registered nurses are competent and safe.
Goals and Objectives
Strategic Priority A: Strengthen Nursing Education, Practice, and Workforce
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop the future nursing workforce.
- Support the Health Policy Consortium comprised of organized nursing specialty groups to educate legislators on nursing initiatives including full practice authority for all APRNs, workplace safety, nursing faculty shortages and recovery from COVID-19.
- Provide leadership for the development of a statewide strategic plan to address the nursing shortage which significantly affects health outcomes of citizens of Louisiana.
- Collaborate with hospitals, long-term care facilities, and other employers across the state to create nursing practice environments that attract and retain nurses, especially in areas of greatest need.
Strategic Priority B: Leverage our influence as a recognized leader
- Build a unified voice for nursing with stakeholders
- Leverage LSBN leadership to improve access to care, remove barriers to practice, increase the diversity of the nursing workforce, promote health equity, and improve the nursing work environment to enhance nurse retention, safety, satisfaction, productivity, and patient outcomes.
- Expand outreach to educate influencers.
- Reaffirm positive relationships with legislative leaders on health care issues
Strategic Priority C: Maintain organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and accountability
- Optimize responsiveness and customer service
- Monitor responsiveness of all departments to each division’s metrics
- Assess and improve interdepartmental cycle times from complaint received to final disposition
- Assure timely processing of licensure applications within established timeframes
- Expand paperless workflows for legal department
- Expand paperless workflows for internal operations via Laserfiche forms
- Launch and maintain LSBN’s new website